Oh my... with the holidays I've let things slide. Life has been full, and overall that is good, as the Physical Therapy has really made such a difference. My movement has improved, and the dry needling, though very painful, was helpful. I was even able to travel (a 3.5 hour car ride) back for the holidays to spend and see family.
It's a new year, and I'm past the 6 month mark. I'm not completely pain free. There are still issues that we are working out, but my pain level is between a 1-2, save for when I am encouraged to try new things to see what will happen. Even then *knock on wood*, the highest it's been has been a 4-5.
I'm still driving. I can get on the floor to play games with the kiddos. I can get on the floor and teach my morning class to the kiddos and spend all day at co-op without pain meds. Though there have been days I've needed them.
As for exercise... back in November, I started walking a half hour a day. Now that it's a bit colder, I've been able to do the Wii Fit - including some yoga poses and strength exercises. I am getting stronger... I still have to be careful. Oh, and I can sit for longer periods in front of the computer. I feel best when I'm getting up, around, and moving.
On Friday, I'm supposed to see the surgeon again. Will it be the last time? Will he give me the all clear? Oh... I hope so. Stay tuned.
PS. This is the brand of curcumin I use: http://www.amazon.com/Turmeric-Curcumin-GOLD-500mg-Capsules/dp/B0055713UO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358992864&sr=8-2&keywords=curcumin
My brother has a herniated disc. I had no idea how painful they can be and how much they can affect your life before that.
ReplyDelete