Today I met with my chiropractor to view the MRIs and compare them. Yup, there's a difference in the two, and it is worse. The disc has indeed degenerated (there is no fluid in it), and you can see the bulge in the second MRI. It covers the nerve. There might even be multiple particles as opposed to the one. I'm on the list to get in to see the surgeon when he returns. In the meantime, I'm focused on the thought that I'm right where I'm meant to be, and it brings me comfort.
I love that my chiropractor was happy to see that I'm standing up straight, even though I'm still in pain. Each time I talk with him, he inspires me. We can talk about anything. He encourages me to try the holistic medicines, that it's my choice and that who knows, I might still be able to heal before the surgery. He is a positive influence in my life, and I admit I miss seeing him twice a week for treatment. I also love how he encourages me to be spiritual... something that I haven't been in a long time.
Emotionally, mentally, even spiritually, this is a journey that is affecting each of those levels. Instead of over thinking, I've been BEing. I've found myself coming across some spiritual information, via links and suggestions. Listening and watching have brought me a sense of peace as I stop worrying about what I'm in control of... and what I'm not.
I don't know where this journey will lead, what the outcome will be. What I do know, is that I'm holding on to "This is just where I'm meant to be." That feels right... and that is what important to me right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment