Saturday, October 27, 2012

Better to be wiped out than in pain (Week 19)

Oh the tiredness... topped off by some viral bug this week, thus I've been laying lower than usual. Appetite is nil, but just enough to enjoy the maple syrup candy from Vermont care of my ILs. Yum.

I know I've been posting a lot about the process, but today, I had to express my gratitude. Today was gray and rainy, and it started warm, but there is now a cool breeze blowing that smells of autumn. I was able to stay on my feet all morning, even got some cleaning done while hubby went to the store. We put a pot of beef stew on the stove, that I ate for dinner, and it was lovely. And earlier, Hubby and I went off to Midsomer (as in Midsomer Murders). I was even lucky enough to have my youngest snuggle up with me and fall asleep in my arms.

Oh how I so appreciate the snuggles now, especially as they get bigger. Just this morning my youngest came to me, upset because she couldn't find her sister. "Mommy? Where is my sista? I need to find her. I need to give her a hug and kiss!" Sure enough, she found her and delivered.

Sweet bliss.

The anti-inflammatory medicine is indeed working. Fingers crossed that it continues to work through All Hallow's Eve next week, and that I won't need the epidural steroid shot.

And now I wish you all a good weekend, as I'm off to Bollywood for a few hours.


1 comment: