Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pain Clinic - No shot this time!

Had my appointment at the pain clinic today. The doc was awesome. I want the zen feeling that both he and my surgeon share. Seriously - they radiate calm and peace. It's lovely. When I told the doc that I didn't want the epidural steroid shot, his response was, "If you don't want it, then you don't need it."

Good news is that since the steroids and anti-inflammatory meds are working, it means that I am indeed dealing with disc inflammation, especially as I've not taken anything since the anti-inflammatory meds. In other words the disc bulge isn't pushing on my disc. So, putting together questions for the surgeon, as today's doc recommended I exercise and maintain a healthy weight. (They weighed me with my winter coat and shoes on, which added about 10 pounds.) Frankly, I need to find someone to work with me and teach me what I can and can't do. So, here's hoping for physical therapy... onto Friday for the next appointment... 

Oh, and he also said, that if it ever gets that bad again, to call them and tell them that he'd get me in within a week for the steroid shot. Feeling very hopeful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment