Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mr. Marston... we really need to talk about the fly on my wall...

So, I've mentioned before that I've been completely terrified of the surgery to the point of panicky attacks leading to more inflammation and pain. The last few days, as I've been accepting surgery, I have realized I feel more calm, perhaps dare I say, courageous about it. I'm facing, or breathing through, my fear so that I can go into surgery with a positive mindset.

And today, I read this:

The power of courage

Fear is an obstacle you impose upon yourself. The power of any fear is the power you choose to give it. 

And just as surely as you choose to fear, you can choose to move beyond that fear. In an instant you can transform the power of fear into the power of courage. 


Definitely read the entire article, because the last part rings truth for me as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment