Monday, August 13, 2012

One Step Back with a Swollen Bursa? (Week 9)

On Saturday, I tested my luck by going to the store. Mind you, I've been warned to not walk on concrete, which the floor of the store is made of, but I felt okay, and needed to get out. Instead of forcing myself to sit, I didn't. Saturday night, I felt sore.

Sunday morning, I woke up sore. I took it easy, and then I ventured out to book club. It was my first car ride that was over 10 minutes (I think it was about a half hour or so). And then I sat still for 2 hours. When I got up from the chair, I felt that pinch of pain. (Did I mention the mini coughing fit?)

I was not a happy camper, and attempted not to berate myself for being so foolish. The good news is, the numbness in my toes is practically gone.

Today it was a little better. I did manage to go for a walk because it felt okay. And, I knew I had an appointment this evening. During the appointment, he noted (for the second time) that my bursa in my hip was tender. He wants to do more xrays to check my hip and make sure there isn't a misalignment there.


Hmm... seems that I'm presenting him with yet another puzzle to solve... I'm not sure this is a good thing. I really, really want to get back to moving.  *Sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment