Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reason #323 Why I Adore My Chiropractor

I had another traction session today with my chiropractor. Though progress is slow, as he said, "You are progressing along just as I expected." Today and yesterday, though still in pain, it's to the point where I've not taken ibuprofen since Tuesday. I have taken Arnica 30c. Originally, I used the gel.  Arnica  helps the inflammation as well as Nordic fish oil. On a level of 1 to 10 (10 being excruciating - don't you dare touch or move me - please pass another Tramadol), I'd venture to say I'm about a 5-6 today.

The first time I met him, I liked him. (And it wasn't because he was very nice looking.) He made eye contact, thoroughly explained everything, and told me right off the bat, "This is what I can do... If we get to a point where I think I can't do anything else, I'll refer you to someone else. If at anytime you aren't comfortable with me, please seek another opinion."

Throughout this entire process he has been up front and honest, and very clear with all of my options - from traction to medications to surgery. He has been a strong pillar of support (whether it be helping me onto the table, talking about how I tend to stress out and what I can do about it, to cheering me on when I've wanted to give up, and then some). The entire time I've been his patient, he reaffirms that it's my choice, and he's done everything in his power to help ease my pain. He did everything to try and get me on my vacation, and was upset with us when we all realized that it wasn't going to happen. He took the time to explain everything to my hubby, including showing us the MRI. He called me on a Saturday night, after returning from an overnight trip to give me the results of my MRI.

Next week, he's upping the anti with traction in doing more manipulations. Today, while in traction, I could feel the feeling in my foot lighten up. (It used to feel like pins and needles, as though it were asleep. Now, it feel tight, as though it was swollen - which it is not.) I was able to move a bit more. Today, I felt hope. It's still a long road, each day another step down it.

No comments:

Post a Comment